Hello! I’m Nick Wertzberger, and I’m from Omaha, NE. I am really into testing, I care a lot about readable code, and am passionate about software architecture. I write software that expands the impact of the people who use it.
At my day job, I am currently helping people slide into each others’ DM’s at Instagram.
You can reach out to me via the following:
Below is my online CV.
Credentials I have
- Deep Learning Certification via Coursera.org (I love coursera)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence Concentration from the University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Things I’ve Done
Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research Stuff
- Developed parts of a system for optimizing operations in rail yards.
- Architected and Developed and released automated database change management pipeline using Liquibase, Jenkins, and custom sql validation logic (ANTLR grammar stuff, not just regexes) for managing hundreds of database schemas.
- Designed and Developed application templates and shared libraries for faster development of internal spring-boot based applications using Yeoman (used in hundreds of internal code bases).
- Architected and Developed dynamic database schema placement engine for on demand creation of new schemas.
- Architected and Developed high availability software hosting platform and deployment engine, with automatic restore on deploy failure for hosting over 10,000 heterogeneous java instances.
- Architected and Developed high throughput (50,000 logs/s) enterprise logging solution
Things I did a very long time ago
- Developed air traffic control software
- Developed prototype graphical programming interface for an educational robot
Current “regular use” Languages
Languages I do things in occasionally
- Anything that makes sense*
Once upon a time I was really into embedded software, as well. There’s still some ATmega chips hiding in my basement.